Okro soup is one of the most popular type of soup in Nigeria. Its a soup that is consumed by almost all the tribe in the country. It is also considered to be one of the easiest and fastest soup one can cook. Below you will find the ingredients and method of cooking okro soup.
- 500g okro
- Smoked Fish (Optional)
- Mushrooms (optional)
- Habanero pepper
- Palm oil
- Vegetables (ugu or spinach)
- Seasoning cubes
NOTES:-You can skip the mushrooms if you don’t eat it.
I use cow ribs for this special Okro Soup. It makes the soup so tasty
PREPARATION OF OKRO SOUP
- Boil the beef for 15-20 minutes before adding other type of meat, seasoning cubes (crushed) and half of the chopped onions
- Slice the mushroom and set aside..In a clean dry pot, fry the sliced mushroom with the palm oil. Fry for at most 2-5 minutes.
- Bring out mushrooms and add diced okra and remaining onions in the oil for a bit
- Start adding the meat stock one after the other
- Add the remaining ingredients into the pot with the vegetable on top.
- Cover the pot and allow it to boil for like 2-5 minutes
- Stir till everything is well combined then add salt if necessary,stir very well and that’s it
Note:-Don’t over fry!!!